Our Rail inspection group offers a comprehensive range of flaw detection services by experienced personnel, qualified to US & European standards.
Rail flaw detection, for over two decades, has become a major part of our services to several European, South American, US and others around the world. Quantum has a sophisticated rapid twin rail (Track) surface, volumetric inspection for both Vignola and groove rail type (Ri59, etc.).
Our rail integrity evaluation uses various testing machines in accordance with UIC and the European standards, EN ISO 16729 Pts 1 and 3 (Rails UT, and ET).
Our automated and intelligent system rail flaw detection and analysis provides fast, reliable, accurate, certified inspection services & permanent data storage.
RTI 8000SX Rail Flaw Detection Vehicle is an state-of-the-art intelligent rail inspection system, with which Quantum rail has provided many valuable and second-to-none services to the Rail industry in Europe.Rail bound Jeep type vehicle RTI 8000SX system with faster processing capabilities and ROM transducers is ideal for the evaluation of Rolling Contact Fatigue Cracks (RCF). The probes configurations are unique for interrogation of Thermic, Flash Butt and other types of rail welds. This Rail NDT rail flaw detection vehicle provides detailed rail weld inspection, compound fissure type defects, bolt-hole cracks, RCF location and evaluation, squats & Wheel-burns at speeds of 30 miles per hour; making it the fastest and most reliable rail flaw maintenance system management.
Below is a range of rail inspection services we can provide to our customers:
- Pedestrian UT of rails (A&B Scans) & electromagnetic methods (Eddy Current)
- UT of Aluminothermic rail welds (A&B scan) for fusion faces & volumetric flaws.
- NDT & pressure testing of air tank cylinders/vessels on rail vehicles (PSSR 2000).
- S&C and cast manganese inspection (in track and during fabrication).
- UT of crane and groove rail tracks.
- UT & ET inspection of rail vehicle axles, per group standards and RIS-2701-RST.
- Rail breaks investigation – Metlab.
- Eddy Current Testing of rails for data mapping and consultation in railways.
- NDT of rail vehicle super structures.
- Visual inspection, using certified inspection procedures and tools.
- Rail fracture analysis and consultancy.
- NDT training by registered NDT LIII engineers.
- Automated Rail Testing sales, services and training of high speed ultrasonic flaw detection by RTI’s 8000SX UT flaw detection vehicle.
- Development of QM/governance systems plus training and qualification of staff.
- Development of Rail asset and performance management based on RAMS.
- Development of rail wear and failure analysis and condition prediction systems.
- Development of management and operation systems of rail maintenance.